Five Steps To Take After Discovering Bed Bugs
Sep 14th, 2017
Feeling a little itchy? Hopefully, it’s just a one-off thing, but worst case scenario, you might have bed bugs. If that’s the case, you’ve got quite the week ahead of you.
Here are the five things you should do when you first spot bed bugs:
- Inspect your house. If you have bite marks on your skin, it’s time to start looking for bug shells in your home. Also, grossly enough, you should keep an eye out for bed bug fecal stains and blood stains on your bedding.
- Notify your manager. If you don’t own your home, it’s time to call your landlord and ask for treatment from a licensed pest control company.
- Call a professional. Don’t try to cheap your way out of this. Call a pest control company––trying to treat the infestation yourself can worsen the problem.
- Vacuum your furniture. Cleaning your belongings can help slow the infestation while you wait for a professional.
- Keep bed bugs out. Once you get rid of the bed bugs, make sure it doesn’t happen again. Inspect hotel rooms and check used furniture for signs of bed bugs.
While you’re on a cleaning spree, here’s how to clean your house in half the time.